Tuesday 19 December 2017

A plea for a new acronym

From my G+ post
I try to avoid saying OSR because some people brandish the term as a War Banner of Discord +3. Instead, I just say old school games. But It'd be useful to have something that reflects the design movement more than the nostalgia of olden times (not that there's anything wrong with that - I love archeogaming as much as the next 80s kid, and it's the best way to learn about these games that inspire us).

It's not like I thought long and hard about the problem - this just popped into my sleep deprived brain this morning and I had to make a bad mockup.

This doesn't have to be a revolution or a renaissance or a revival. It can just be a loose definition for a type of gameplay we try to improve on. We play adventures, not scenarios or stories, and we do it following old school principles inherited from the ancestors.

I think it makes sense. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.